Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough

The Anonymous Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, Book 1)
The Anonymous Bride By Vickie McDonough

From amazon.com
Check yourself into the Texas Boardinghouse Brides series by Vickie McDonough, where you’ll meet Luke Davis, marshal of Lookout, Texas, who flippantly tells his cousin he’d get married if the right woman ever came along. When three mail-order brides are delivered to Luke a month later, he’s in an uncomfortable predicament. How will he ever choose his mate? Rachel Hamilton’s long-time love for Luke is reignited with his return to town. So when three mail-order brides appear, she panics. Will she find the courage to tell Luke that she loves him? Or take an anonymous part in the contest for his hand?

My Take:  What a wonderful start to a series!  I really liked the characters in this book.  Luke is a wonderful man who became a Christian a short time before the story starts and is struggling to fogive Rachel for what he believes was a betrayal.  Rachel must live with the decision that she made so many years ago but she still is in love with Luke.  Her daughter Jaqueline is running  amuck and she doesn't know what to do to make her behave.  

Then the brides start to arrive.  Three of them.  All different and special in their own way.  But one of them has a deadly secret.  And how is a man suppose to make up his mind anyway.  By having a contest of course. 

The whole Mail order Bride concept has long intrigued me. I cannot imagine leaving everything I know to travel to parts unknown to meet a man I don't know and marry him.  But as the book points out some women are in some desperate times and need to take desperate measures. 

I have the Second in theis series already on my Kindle just waiting for me to get to it.  Cann't wait to see what happens in the town of Lookout, Texas.

I received a review copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.