Saturday, March 2, 2013

Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate by M. C. Beaton read by Penelope Keith Audiobook Review



Image coming soon
Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate by M. C. Beaton
Read by Penelope Keith

from Goodreads.com
Agatha Raisin has just about had it - James has abandoned her, the new neighbour has made an unseenly proposition, and the new curate seems to be taking a more than normal interest in her. Now he is dead.

My Take:  I normally like most cozy mysteries but I couldn't for the life of me like this one.  This was my first Agatha Raisin and maybe I would like the series better if I had started at the beginning and not at the 13th one.  I found it hard to really care about any of the characters and I found Agatha especially unlikeable.  I also found it hard to really care who had killed the curate as he wasn't a very good man.  The were some funny moments throughout the book between Betsy and John and between Betsy and Bill Wong and his new girlfriend.  I really had to struggle to finish this book. 

Penelope Keith did a fair job of reading this book although at times when she was reading interactions between Betsy and John it was hard to figure out who was speaking to who as her voices for the two characters are very similar. 

I received a review copy of this book through the Sold Gold Reviewers program at AudioJukebox.com.  The Copy came from AudioGo.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.