Saturday, July 26, 2014

Audio book review of The Half-stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda Brunstetter

The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club, #1)
The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda Brunstetter  narrator Renee Ertl

From Goodreads.com
Join the club of unlikely quilters who show up for Amish widow Emma Yoder’s quilting classes. A troubled young woman, a struggling couple, a widower, a rough and tough biker, and a preacher’s wife make up the mismatched lot. But as their problems begin to bind them together like the scraps of fabric stitched together in a quilt, they learn to open up and lend a helping hand. Is this what God had in mind to heal hurting hearts and create beauty from fragments?

My Take:  I got this book because I like Amish Fiction and my husband and I are going to see the musical that is based on this book next weekend.  I thought the story was engaging after the first little bit.  This story is really not all about the Amish as most of the story has to do with the members of the quilting class.  I did find myself not liking certain characters and liking others more.  I did figure out the major plot twist before it was revealed in the book but it did take my husband by surprise.  I am curious how they will make this into a musical but the play has been well received.  
The narrator did a good job of reading the book.  

This book is from my personal library. 

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear how the musical was! Such a unique premise. I didn't know there was such a thing as Amish Fiction... though I am tired of all the advertising for Amish reality television.

    This is my first visit here - we are both included in Sunday Drive so I'm visiting. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.