Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Chalkman by C. J. Tudor

The Chalk ManIn 1986, Eddie and his friends are just kids on the verge of adolescence. They spend their days biking around their sleepy English village and looking for any taste of excitement they can get. The chalk men are their secret code: little chalk stick figures they leave for one another as messages only they can understand. But then a mysterious chalk man leads them right to a dismembered body, and nothing is ever the same.

In 2016, Eddie is fully grown and thinks he's put his past behind him, but then he gets a letter in the mail containing a single chalk stick figure. When it turns out that his friends got the same message, they think it could be a prank--until one of them turns up dead. That's when Eddie realizes that saving himself means finally figuring out what really happened all those years ago.
 

My Take:  This book was a good thriller.  Not a great thriller but good.  I had a bit of a hard time keeping concentrated on the story but that might be because I have been going through a bit of a reading slump.  I did enjoy the book when I was able to concentrate.  I liked the way the author told the story from the two different times.  One chapter was from the 1986 time and the next was from the 2016 time.  I did not figure out the mystery until the reveal and I liked most of the characters.  I kinda wished that some of the other characters would have been a bit more fleshed out as adults other than Eddie.  I kinda wanted to know more about them as adults.  Like I said this was a good thriller.  I would probably give it a 3 stars.  

This was taken from my personal library.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a recent large amount of spam comments I have decided to start comment moderation. I love comments so please leave them.